FCIC organizes monthly outdoor activities provide an active and fun environment for students and community members to enjoy the beauty of Colorado and surrounding states together. Activities include hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and more!
Crosier Mountain Hike
Join FCIC for an intermediate level hike to Crosier Mountain. The hike is approximately 9.4 miles (15km), with about 3,300 feet (1,005 meters) of elevation gain. It is a moderate hike with beautiful meadows and forests, great views, and you can see parts of Rocky Mountain National Park during the hike.
Date: Saturday, October 22
Time and location: Meet at 8am at International House, 1400 W. Elizabeth. Return around 5pm.
Cost: $12 for transportation
Bring rain gear, lunch, water, hiking shoes, and comfortable clothes (dress in layers).
Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Schedule
- October 22: Hike to Crosier Mountain–sign ups will open September 5 here.
- November 19: Hike to Elkhorn Creek–sign ups will open October 24.
- December 10: Snowshoe trip to Zimmerman Lake–sign ups will open November 21 here.
- January 14: Snowshoe trip to Wild Basin–sign ups will open December 12 here.
- February to be determined: Learn to Ski or Snowboard trip–sign ups will open January.
- March 25: Hike to Young Gulch–sign ups will open February.
- April 8: Hike to Eagle’s Nest–sign ups will open March 27 here.
- May 20: Hike to Pawnee Buttes–sign ups will open April 10 here.
- June 17: Hike to Big South–sign ups will open May 22 here.
- July to be determined: Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo–sign ups will open July 1.
- Past Trips
- September Hike: Killpecker Trail and Deadmans Lookout Tower
To get involved or to find out more information, please contact Steve Fletcher