FCIC organizes monthly outdoor activities provide an active and fun environment for students and community members to enjoy the beauty of Colorado and surrounding states together. Activities include hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and more!
Bobcat Ridge Hike
Join FCIC for moderate 7 mile (~11km) hike to Bobcat Ridge. You will enjoy beautiful grassy valley, foothills, ponderosa pines, stunning red rock cluffs, and more. You’ll start at about 7,000 feet (2133 m) elevation and will gain almost 1500 feet (457 m) during the hike.
Date: Saturday, March 25
Time and Location: Meet at International House at 8am. Return to I House by 4pm (estimate).
Required equipment: – Comfortable hiking boots, lunch and water. We recommend dressing in layers. Please check the weather to make sure to have extra clothes if it gets cold or it rains.
Sign up by Wednesday, March 22.
SIGN UP HERE!!
For further information or questions, please contact Mark Oberschmidt at email@example.com
Spring 2023 Schedule and Past Trips
- March 25: Hike to Bobcat Ridge–sign ups will open mid-March.
- April 8: Hike to Eagle’s Nest–sign ups will open March 27 here.
- May 20: Hike to Pawnee Buttes–sign ups will open April 10 here.
- June 17: Hike to Big South–sign ups will open May 22 here.
- July to be determined: Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo–sign ups will open July 1.
- Past Trips
- September Hike: Killpecker Trail and Deadmans Lookout Tower
- October Hike: Crosier Mountain
- November Hike: Elkhorn Creek
- December Snowshoe trip: Zimmerman Lake
- January Snowshoe trip:
- February Snowshoe trip:
- March Learn to Ski/Snowboard trip
To get involved or to find out more information, please contact Steve Fletcher