FCIC organizes monthly outdoor activities provide an active and fun environment for students and community members to enjoy the beauty of Colorado and surrounding states together. Activities include hiking, skiing, snowshoeing and more!
To get involved or to find out more information, please contact Mark Oberschmidt or Steven Fletcher at email@example.com
Wild Basin Snowshoe Trip
Date: Saturday, January 11, Meet at 7am at International House, return around 4pm
Cost: $15 for transportation, plus you will need to rent snowshoes ($5)
Details: Join us for this snowshoe trip in the beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park. The trip will be about 6.4km (4 miles) of snowshoeing, with about 152m (500 feet) of elevation gain.
Required Equipment: Warm boots, hat, gloves, multiple layers, lunch, and water. You will need to rent snowshoes once you arrive, or bring them with you.
Special Note: We will be renting snowshoes in Estes Park – https://www.estesparkmountainshop.com/winter-rentals.
Sign up and pay for the trip here!
Outdoor Calendar for 2019-2020
- August 17: Twin Sisters Hike
- September 22: Molly Lake Hike
- October 12: Happy Jack Hike
- November 9: El Dorado Canyon Hike
- December 7: Cameron Pass Snowshoe
- January 11: Wild Basin Snowshoe
- February 8: Learn to ski/snowboard
- February 22: Tubing Beaver Meadows
- March 7: Optional Snowshoe
- April 18: Red Mountain Hike
- May 2: Pawnee Buttes Hike
- June 20: Big South Poudre Canyon Hike
- TBD late July: Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo